We know that being family-friendly matters to our members, and so we’re working hard to make sure there’s something for everyone at our 2018 Spring Convention at the Mall of America Feb. 26-27 during the Spring Homeschool Week.
What can the kiddos do? Here are a couple ideas.
- Tea at the American Girl store – An afternoon tea is being offered on Monday, Feb. 26 and on Tuesday, Feb. 27 at noon. However, the Tuesday one is a big more expensive at $20 and includes a gift bag, while the Monday one is $13.50 plus tax and tip. Register here.
- Workshops at Microsoft – We’ve got an extensive selection of fun workshops planned at the Microsoft store! Don’t miss out on Minecraft Monday! And More! Click here for more information.
- The Escape Room – The Escape Game is known for designing and creating stunning, unbelievably immersive experiences. Games include Mission: Mars, Prison Break, Gold Rush and The Heist. Get $5 off per person for any of the games by using discount code HOMESCHOOL5. It is valid for games from 8 AM on Monday, February 26 through 11:55 PM on Friday, February 2.We recommend booking online or over the phone with this coupon code, and the code will need to be entered or mentioned over the phone at the time of booking in order to redeem it. Reservations cannot be confirmed until payment has been received in full, and those purchases are non-refundable. Book online at: theescapegameminneapolis.com
- Rides at Nick Universe. They’re just fun! And you can get great discounts on wristbands during homeschool week. BONUS POINTS for completing the Physics Packet while you ride. 5-Hour Wristband $19.00+tax, All-day Wristband $24.50+tax, Moose Mountain Miniature Golf $8.00+tax, DUTCHMANS DECK $11.50+tax, and ROCK OF AGES $8.00+tax.
- Crayola Experience – During the month of February, homeschool families enjoy admission at the Crayola Experience for ONLY $12.99 per person every weekday! In groups of 15 or more, get tickets for $9.99 each. Offer only available at admissions desk with proof of homeschool affiliation. You can also opt to purchase tickets for just $8.99 each by clicking here. Valid Monday-Friday, February 1-28, 2018.
- SEA LIFE Aquarium and Behind-The-Scenes Tours – Homeschool students, teachers and their families are invited to explore the aquarium and participate in educational Activity Stations for only $7+tax per person (Adult or Child). As always, tiny kids (2 & under) are free. Regular admission prices are: $24.25+tax/adult and $17.25+tax/child. To get the discounted pricing you’ll need to bring proof of homeschooling. Accepted forms of Homeschool identification include: (1) A membership card from ECHO-MN, MHA, MACHE or other homeschool group, (2) A copy of your “Letter of Intent to Continue Homeschooling”, (3) A copy of your “Initial Report to Superintendent”. During Homeschool Week, explore Activity Stations in the classrooms from 10:00am – 2:00pm. Come and go as you please and take part in interactive learning stations geared towards a variety of ages from Elementary School to High School. Network with other families from the homeschool community, while learning about marine life and science. Behind the Scenes Tours are $5.00+tax per person and available at 10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm and 2:30pm. Behind-the-Scenes Tours must be booked in advance and during homeschool week.
- Food Discounts – Get 15% off at Wetzel’s Pretzels and 15% off at Villa Fresh Italian Kitchen.
Wait! There’s more!
- Dick’s Last Resort has a great scavenger hunt for teenagers. Head down to Dick’s Last Resort at Mall of America for the ultimate competitive adventure. Test your factual knowledge of MOA® with a customized 32-question challenge using iPads to track your answers and take pictures along the way. Pricing: $18.95 per person; $12.95 with purchase of meal. Approximate length: 60 minutes. Offered daily. More by clicking here.
- Visit the Lego store. Did you know if you bring in a mini-figure you can swap it out for another with a staff member?