The MHA Science Fair is held annually. It is open to homeschooled students in grades K-12.
(Registration will open soon, watch for announcements!)
MHA’s Science Fair Goals
- To support teaching the scientific method to homeschooled kids
- To provide a forum for them to share and present the results of experiments they have conducted using the scientific method
- To support homeschooled kids who are interested in taking their science experiments on to Regional Science Fairs
This is an EXPERIMENT-ONLY fair. That means that everyone who enters will be presenting the results of an experiment that he or she conducted using the scientific method.
The registration fee is applied per project. The cost to participate is $12 for free members and $8 for premium (paid) members per project registered. Students are welcome to work in teams and should register together for a single project.
Judging is available, but optional for grades 4-12. Grades K-3 and older kids who do not wish to be judged will have the opportunity to talk to the judges about their projects and will each receive a participant ribbon.
Each judged entry will require: *
- a written summary (grades 4-6) or report (grades 7-12) submitted one week before the fair
- a project display
- a brief oral presentation for the judge
Non-judged entries are expected to meet all requirements except the written summary and oral presentation.
*More details about how to meet these requirements are
in the Science Fair Handbook, available for download here.