The MHA Science Fair is an experiment-only fair held annually. It is open to homeschooled students in grades K-12.
Registration for the 2015 Science Fair will open this fall so start thinking about projects.
MHA’s Science Fair Goals
- To support teaching the scientific method to homeschooled kids
- To provide a forum for them to share and present the results of experiments they have conducted using the scientific method
- To support homeschooled kids who are interested in taking their science experiments on to Regional Science Fairs
This is an EXPERIMENT-ONLY fair. That means that everyone who enters will be presenting the results of an experiment that he or she conducted using the scientific method.
Judging is available, but optional for grades 4-12. Grades K-3 and older kids who do not wish to be judged will have the opportunity to talk to the judges about their projects and will each receive a participant ribbon.
Each judged entry will require: *
- pre-registration (registration for 2015 will open in Fall of 2014)
- a written summary (grades 4-6) or report (grades 7-12) submitted one week before the fair
- a project display
- a brief oral presentation for the judge
Non-judged entries are expected to meet all requirements except the written summary and oral presentation.
*More details about how to meet these requirements are
in the Science Fair Handbook, available for download here.