Meet our Vendors:
• Strive Publishing gives all children an opportunity to see African American Culture from different perspectives through children’s literature. BREAKING BARRIERS BOOK BY BOOK. More at https://www.strivepublishing.com.
• Kathy Oaks is an author and home educator from St. Paul who has been working with children since 1993. She and her husband have been homeschooling their three children since the oldest was born in 2003.
She will will be offering signed copies and 15% off to MHA convention-goers of her book, “Homeschoolers Are Not Hermits: A Practical Guide to Raising Smart, Confident, and Socially Connected Kids.”
• Seeds of Change is a a Minnesota 501c3 non-profit corporation with a mission of enhancing bioscience education for high school students and creating more science-related careers. More at http://www.seedsforeducation.org
• RightStart Math is an award-winning elementary and middle school math curriculum. The RightStart program uses the AL Abacus to provide a visual, auditory, and kinesthetic experience, and uses games to provide practice and review of the math facts. The lessons guide the teacher day-by-day and year-by-year, helping children understand, apply, and enjoy mathematics. More at https://rightstartmath.com/
• Shakespearean Youth Theatre is a small nonprofit theatre based in the Twin Cities. The Theatre consists of homeschooled or alternatively schooled students aged 13 to 19. This year, the students presented “The Two Noble Kinsmen,” which opened March 8 in Minneapolis. Several spring workshops are available. More at https://sytmn.org/workshops-camps/
• Music Together is an early childhood music and movement program for children from birth through age eight—and the grownups who love them! First offered in 1987, our music classes help little ones develop their innate musicality—and much, much more. Our early childhood music curriculum has decades of research behind it, in both music education and child development. We know what we’re talking about, and we’re good at what we do! And because we recognize that children learn through play, we make everything we do in class engaging and fun. More at https://www.musictogether.com/
• Stop by the booth of 49-year English Teacher Don Gerlach to watch samples of the 63 videos he’ll give you for free: 29 free videos for learning English Grammar Correctness (grades 7-12) and 34 free videos for Vocabulary Enrichment (grades 7-12).
• Civil Air Patrol
• Homeschool Adventures
• Minnesota Disability Support Alternatives (MNDSA)
• Minnesota West Community and Technical College
• Premier Homeschool Consultants
• Therapy OPS
• Usborne Books – Kate Kirsch